Decorating With Nature in Fall and Winter
Houzz.com shares 16 different project ideas that you can try to spruce up your house this season! See designs & read the full article on how to get started right here.
#1 Project: Fill bud vases with feathers -
A single feather tucked into each cluster of bud vases makes a poetic dining table centerpiece or bedside adornment.
#2 Project: Fill a nonworking fireplace with wood -
Fill an unused fireplace to the brim with a neat stack of firewood for a look that's warm and cozy.
#3 Project: Shelve your firewood -
Filling a bookshelf or two with firewood works whether you need to store some for use this winter or just want to add some rustic charm to your space.
#4 Project: Entwine a branch with fairy lights
- Bare branches hung above a headboard with clear fishing line give off a beautiful glow when entwined with fairy lights.
#5 Project: Fill a floor vase with fall foliage
- An oversize vessel makes a strong statement when filled with an armful of colorful fall branches.
#6 Project: String up a fall garland
- Make your own lovely seasonal garland to adorn the dining room at your next fete.
#7 Project: Fill a vase with ornamental grasses
- The feathery fronds of an ornamental grass make an unexpected and long-lasting bouquet.
#8 Project: Lake print place mats
- This is a quick and fun project perfect for casual autumn and winter gatherings.
#9 Project: Frame a leaf
- Old picture frames can be found at yard sales & flea markets so put them to work in a quick, seasonal display by hanging a cluster of empty frames on the wall.
#10 Project: Adorn a chandelier
- Give your dining room light fixture a new lease on life by artfully draping it with a few bright red berry branches.
#11 Project: Set the table with herb bundles
- Make small bundles of fresh-snipped herbs & tie each to a cloth napkin with twine for an easy, elegant & fragrant table setting.
#12 Project: Re-purpose wine bottles as vases
- This is the perfect excuse to hold on to a bottle with a really pretty label. Collect a few different heights and display them together, either on their own or bundled with twine.
#13 Project: Make a succulent centerpiece
- A long, narrow planter in a beautiful material like copper works well.
#14 Project: Highlight a collection under glass
- A cluster of glass cloches and other vessels makes an artful tabletop display when filled with small natural treasures and air plants.
#15 Project: Fill up a vintage pail
- Collect some pine cones and tumble them into a metal pail & tuck it into a blank corner to add textural interest all season long.
#16 Project: Embrace nature in a photograph
- Take your camera along on your next day trip to a beautiful area and challenge yourself to take a frame-worthy shot & frame it!
Full Article here.